Thursday 12 October 2017

Uniko - Introducing Festive Sentiments

I'm back today with the second of the introductions to the October Uniko new release.

http://unikostudio.blogspot.co.uk/


This is going to be one of those go to essential Christmas sets - you'll wonder what you ever did without it!


I masked off a strip and then applied distress oxide ink. A few drips of water from a brush and mopped up with a tissue gave the mottled look I was after.


I then stamped the sentiment and a few swathes of stars from the September released Reach for the Stars.

Supplies:
Stamps: Uniko, Festive Sentiments, Reach for the Stars
Inks: Memento, tuxedo black; Ranger distress oxide, peacock feathers, twisted citron, cracked pistachio

I'm popping this card into the challenge at Inkspirational.

http://inkspirationalchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2017/10/challenge-145-designers-choice.html

My next card pairs up this new sentiment set with an older set - Stunning Snowflakes.


I used kraft cardstock matted onto a white card base and outlined all the black stamping with a white pencil. A trio of balck gems just finished off this very simple card.


Supplies:
Stamps: Uniko, Festive Sentiments, Stunning snowflakes
Inks: Memento, tuxedo black
Pencil: Prismacolor, white
Embellishments: Mei Flower, black gems 

Another day of introductions completed for me, still three more to come before the big reveal and release on Monday 16th October. As always the rest of the Uniko DT have been busy creating cards to inspire you, see them all HERE.

Thanks for dropping by today, your visit is really appreciated. See you again tomorrow, but till then keep crafting! 

post signature

13 comments:

  1. Very pretty cards! The first is so CAS and beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a CAStastic duo! Loving the colours, ink blending and use of the star swoosh from Reach For The Stars. A FAB pairing I'd not thought of. Awesome 'ghosting' technique on your second with a classic colour combo and another FAB pairing of Uniko stamps. Thank you for another FAB showcase :) Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! Your cards are so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two beautiful cards, Jane! The inked strip is a lovely backdrop for the new sentiments, as are the snowflakes, in your second card. The white outline is a fabulous touch!
    Hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful, Jane ! Love your first card with this gorgeous blending ! I've received ODI for my birthday but I'm not very comfortable with them, and I did not succeed as well as you! Love also your second card with only black stamping and white shadow over Kraft paper ! Two fabulous CAS cards ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards.
    I especially love the second.
    Kraft seems to make a wonderful
    background and the snowflakes pop.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are lovely, Jane! So much potential in the new sets, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Swoon, swoon, swoon! Super duper CAS and absolutely love that eye-popping strip of blended turquoise and green beauty Jane...my favourite colour combo EVER! Equally classy is the black and kraft combo and added detail with the highlights around the sentiment and snowflakes. 2 perfect showcases! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Kraft and black card - gorgeous! The first one with the stars is awesome! I absolutely adore it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Distress card is just beautiful! Non-traditional colors for Christmas that will really POP!

    ReplyDelete
  11. 2 lovely cards Jane, I simply adore the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty cards with lovely sentiments! I especially love the colors in the 1st card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great one layer inspiration! I love the masked strip and teamed with the band of stars it's a real show stopper! I love the CAS kraft and black combo - the added white accents finish your design perfectly x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.